A homeowner’s association (HOA) is a group of people who live in the same neighborhood, typically within the boundaries of a single subdivision or development. The HOA enforces rules on all members and collects fees from homeowners to cover costs such as landscaping and trash removal.
Aside from these basic services, HOAs are responsible for the upkeep of common areas such as pools, building exteriors, roofing, and playgrounds. They may also be required by law to make certain repairs on homes within their jurisdiction if those homes are in an age-restricted community (such as an adult community).
Roof Inspections on a Regular Basis
One of the most important things you can do for your home is to have regular roof inspections and roof cleaning. By performing regular maintenance and roof cleaning, you can detect issues before they become major issues and avoid premature failures and having to pay for costly repairs or replacements in the future.
Regular inspections have the following advantages:
- Preventing minor problems from becoming major ones
- Predicting failures.
- Extending life-spans of materials and assets.
- Preventing unplanned expenses or investments.
Roofing Preventative Maintenance and Repair
There are numerous factors that homeowner’s associations must consider when it comes to roof maintenance. One of the most important aspects is identifying necessary preventive maintenance activities, repairs and ensuring that they are completed on time.
The following are some common preventive maintenance activities and roofing repairs that you may require:
- Damaged Shingle or tile replacement
- Valley and flashing re-sealing
- Repairing damaged flashing around vents, chimneys, and skylights
- Treatment for organic growths
- Removal of debris from roof.
- Gutter cleaning
- Removal and Cleaning of bird droppings.
If you’re unsure what type of repair your home requires or how much it will cost, we recommend enlisting the assistance of a reputable contractor.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Cleaning and Sealing Roofs
- Removing Debris
- Scheduling Professional Cleanings on a Regular Basis